- Company: Brunel India Private Limited/Brunel Intl. N.V. (MNC)
- Job Location: Pune/Chandigarh, India
Description (Sr. GIS Software Developer):
We’re hiring for Sr GIS Developer, for a leading MNC to join their growing team. This position is based out in Pune/Chandigarh.
- Work with the Manager, Software Development to design, develop and support geospatial ESRI templates;
- Work closely with the product development team to ensure that ESRI Map templates and widgets are developed for customer ingest;
- Work on geospatial data production in collaboration with the data development team;
- Define, design and build varied components of complex, distributed, high-performance web-based applications. Meet with customers or subject matter experts to define scope of work;
- Serve as technical lead on individual projects, providing guidance and mentorship to staff.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
What you need to bring:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent education and experience;
- Strong foundational knowledge of GIS concepts: Projections, Geometric Operations, Geospatial Analysis, and GIS database design;
- Experience with Open Source GIS Software, Standards, SDKs and APIs like GeoServer, MapServer, OpenLayers, Leaflet, esri-leaflet, NetTopologySuite;
- In-depth knowledge about GIS data formats including ESRI Shapefiles, MapInfo and Oracle SDO geometry, and geospatial exchange data formats such as KML, GML, GeoJSON;
- In-depth knowledge of responsive web design and modern web frameworks such as React, Redux, NodeJS and TypeScript. Also able to build web client side code with NPM and VS Code.Mobile GIS Development with Android, iOS and/or combined development frameworks like Xamarin or NativeScript;
- Functional with technologies across most of the application stack including user interface, middle tier, and database systems, with particular strength in one or more of these areas.
- Database capability includes but is not limited to design and entity modeling.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)