- Organization: G.B. Pant National Institute of Himalayan Environment (GBPNIHE)
- Location: Almora, Uttarakhand
- Deadline: 11.10.2021/18.10.2021 (Please go through official Notifications).
Job Description (Scientist):
G.B. Pant National Institute of Himalayan Environment (GBPNIHE) is a premier autonomous Institute of the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India. The Institute is a focal agency to advance scientific knowledge, to evolve integrated management strategies, demonstrate their efficacy for conservation of natural resources and to ensure environmentally sound development in the entire Indian Himalayan Region (IHR).
The Institute works under decentralized set-up with its Head quarters at Kosi-Katarmal (Almora), Uttarakhand and through regional centres at Srinagar-Garhwal (UK), Kullu (HP), Pangthang – near Gangtok (Sikkim), Itanagar (Arunachal Pradesh), Leh (Ladakh) and 6th unit in Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change at New Delhi as Mountain Division. The Institute is looking for dynamic and suitably qualified individuals of Indian Citizenship, who are willing to work in IHR, to fill up the following post:-
Discipline/Subject and area of specialization:
[Area of specialization – Glaciology,
Data Science, Simulation & Modeling]
Salary: (PB – 3 + G.P. 6600 Level- 11 (Pay Matrix of Rs. 67700-208700)/- PM fixed)
Age Limit: 35 Years*
Research experience in Himalayan Ecosystem/ Mountain Terrains/ on data management related to
For General conditions regarding qualification, experience, pay scale and age for scientific positions, please
see Appendix I.
Place of work: Headquarters or any of the regional Centers of the Institute; selected candidate is liable to be posted
anywhere in India.
- Only those candidates willing to undertake extensive travel in Himalayan region need to apply.
- Mere fulfilling of a minimum advertised qualification and experience requirements DO NOT automatically
entitle an applicant to be called for interview. The candidate should, therefore, mention in the application all
the qualifications and experience in the relevant field over and above the minimum prescribed qualification,
supported with documents.
- The cutoff date for determining the age, qualification & experience of a candidate will be the last date of
receipt of application.
- The number of the vacancies and/or reservation for SC/ST/OBC/PwD/EWS may vary.
- All the applications received within due date in response to this advertisement shall be considered for shortlisting by a screening committee and only the candidates recommended by the screening Committee will be
called for interview. The decision of the GBPNIHE on short-listing will be final and the GBPNIHE will not
entertain any correspondence in this respect. GBPNIHE shall not be responsible for postal delays.
- Age, qualifications, experience and other requirements for any post may be relaxed, at the discretion of the
Institute, in respect of candidates otherwise exceptionally qualified.
- Persons working in Centre/State Government/Public Sector Undertakings/Autonomous Organizations should
submit their applications through proper channel within due date, such candidates are advised to submit
advance copy of application, through their employer.
- The period of experience in the requisite discipline/area of work, wherever prescribed, shall be counted with
effect from the date of acquiring the prescribed minimum educational qualifications required for the post.
- TA will be paid to candidate called for interview/test as per norms.
- Incomplete applications in any respect or submitted not as per the prescribed Proforma or received after the
last date will be summarily rejected.
- If at any time before or after the selection of a candidate, it is found that any information is suppressed or
false, his/her selection will be liable to be rejected or cancelled.
How to Apply:
The envelope containing the application must be super-scribed as “Application for the Post of Scientist ‘C’. Interested candidates should submit their application typed on A-4 size paper as per the prescribed proforma given at Appendix-II along with attested copies of mark sheets, certificates, degree, etc. to the Director, G.B. Pant National Institute of Himalayan Environment (GBPNIHE), Kosi-Katarmal, Almora – 263 643, Uttarakhand under sealed cover through registered/speed post so as to reach by 11.10.2021 Applications (advance copy) from Indian Nationals living abroad may reach by due date by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), followed by post upto 18.10.2021. Canvassing in any form will be treated as disqualification. Interim enquiries will not be entertained.
The application along with Demand Draft of Rs. 500.00 (Rupees Five Hundred only) in favour of Director, G.B. Pant National Institute of Himalayan Environment (GBPNIHE), payable at Almora, as application fee in case of candidates of Unreserved category and OBC. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD and women category are exempted from payment of application fee. The Organization shall not be responsible for postal delays. Incomplete applications/ unsigned or applications received after due date will not be considered. Bringing in any influence, political or otherwise shall be treated as disqualification. No interim enquiries will be entertained.
For Similar GIS Jobs: Click Here
|Job Category||Agricultural Science, Computer Science, Govt GIS Jobs, Natural Science, RS and GIS|