- Organization: MNNIT Allahabad
- Location: Allahabad, Prayagraj, India
Job Description (Junior Research Fellow):
Advertisement for the Post of Junior Research Fellow (On Contract) for DST India-European Union
(EU) Consortium Research Project
“Sustainable Energy system for Achieving Novel Carbon neutral Energy communities (SUSTENANCE)”
Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the post of Junior Research Fellow (on contract) in the Department of Science and Technology (DST) India — European Union (EU) Consortium Research Project entitled “Sustainable Energy system for Achieving Novel Carbon neutral Energy communities (SUSTENANCE)”, sanction order: File No. DST/TMD/INDIA/EU/ILES/2020/19(G), dated 30.06.2021, sponsored by DST, Government of India.
The duly completed application (soft copy in any form) on prescribed format along with scanned copies of supporting documents must reach to email id: firstname.lastname@example.org(email id of Dr Manohar Yadav,GIS Cell) with the subject of the email as “Application for JRF(on contract) in “DST-SUSTENANCE Project” on or before 18/01/2022, 5.00 PM (IST).
Description and Objectives of the Project: The aim of this project is to demonstrate Techno-Economic viability of solar photovoltaic (PV) powered water pumping system for domestic water supply. This will involve demonstration site survey for site suitability analysis for solar PV system and borewell and to develop their design and architecture. At the selected site based on the design, installation, testing and commissioning of solar PV powered water pumping system will be done. The algorithms and software will be developed for the site suitability analysis, energy management model, Techno-Economic viability analysis model for solar photovoltaic (PV) powered water pumping system for domestic water supply, etc.
The position is purely temporary and will be governed by the funding agency rules & service conditions of Office of the Dean (Research & Consultancy), MNNIT Allahabad.
Number of Position: 1 (One)
Essential Qualifications: M.Tech./M.E. with specialization in Power System/control &instrumentation power Electronics & Drives/Renewable Energy/ Energy Engineering/Geoinformatics/GIS & remote Sensing having qualified GATE examination in engineering disciplines.”
Fellowship: Rs. 31,000/- per month (Consolidated) + 16% HRA.
Desirable Experience: Oneyear research experience in the related area of project description/objectives along with publication, etc. Proficiency in software development/programming skills.
Other Benefits: Accommodation may be available as per the availability and the Institute norms. Candidate selected for the JRF may register for Ph.D. if eligibility conditions, as set by institute, is met by him/her. Facility of yearly leave, carryover leave, medical benefits etc. may be available as per applicable rules of the project staff. The candidate selected as JRF will get an opportunity to work with experts from other project partners:IIT Bombay, HT Kharagpur, Mc Bangalore, European universities (Aalborg University, Denmark; University of Twente (UT), Netherlands) and industry partners,etc.
Age Limit: 28 years on the last date of application (The upper age limit is relaxable up to 5 years in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PH and women candidates)
Tenure of Appointment: A trial period of six months will apply, which on satisfactory performance, as reported by PI/Co-PI of the project will be renewed for additional six months. After completion of first year, from date of joining in the project, candidate has to deliver a presentation and report before the evaluation committee. On satisfactory report by the committee, appointment (contract basis) can be extended for another year. The performance of candidate will be evaluated on every subsequent years till the end of project, i.e. December 2024.
Additional Information: The candidate is expected to travel between MNNIT Allahabad and project demonstration site located in Barubeda village, Tharkhand. The mode of travel could be rail and road transport and site visit is expected to be at least two times in a year.
- The applicant will be responsible for the authenticity of information, other documents and photographs submitted.
- The Institute reserves the right to accept application at any time, and consider candidates of exceptional credentials without applications.
- Qualification and experience may be relaxed by the Institute at any point of time for otherwise exceptional candidates. Mere, possessing the prescribed qualification does not ensure that the candidate would be called for Interview. The Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of merit and need of the project.
- Shortlisted Candidates will be informed by e-mail about the interview date. So, the candidate must provide valid E-mail IDs in their applications.
- Shortlisted candidates have to present themselves for the interview on the interview date with updated CV, publications if any, and original and attested photocopies of mark sheets/ certificates in support of their academic qualifications. Due to prevailing COVID situation, the mode of interview will be informed to the shortlisted candidates via the email id provided in the application form.
- Applicants in employment (private, government or any other organization) are required to submit a “No Objection Certificate” from the employer at the time of interview.
- No TA/DA will be paid for appearing in the interview (In case of interview in physical mode)
Download Official Notification: Click Here
For more GIS Job Vacancies: Click Here
- Government GIS Jobs in India
- GIS Jobs in Bangalore
- GIS Jobs in Hyderabad/ Secunderabad
- GIS Jobs in Delhi/Gurgaon/Noida
- GIS Jobs in Mumbai/Maharashtra
- GIS Jobs in Kolkata
- GIS Jobs in Pune
- GIS Jobs in Chennai
|Job Category||Geo-informatics, Govt GIS Jobs, RS and GIS|