- Organization: Renewable Energy Systems
- Location: Broomfield, Colorado
Job Description (GIS Analyst) :
GIS Analyst will provide support in cartography, data manipulation, geographic information analysis and database management for wind, solar, transmission and energy storage project development.
- Create maps and graphs using GIS software or related software for project development.
- Interface with development team to define data needs, project requirements & requested deliverables.
- Manage & maintain existing project development databases.
- Gather, analyze and integrate spatial data from development team and determine how best to present this information using GIS software.
- Compile geographic data from a variety of sources including census, field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, ALTA surveys, etc.
- Analyze spatial data for geographic statistics to incorporate into development documents & reports.
- Analyze geographic relationships among a variety of data types.
- Prepare and manage metadata.
- Support project developers by presenting requested information and answering questions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity working in ArcGIS Portal and ArcGIS Online platforms
- Global Mapper
- Experience using file and enterprise geodatabase systems
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to work & learn independently
- Ability to work professionally with clients, vendors, employees, managers and supervisors
- Knowledge of Python scripts
- Experience working with methods used to interchange CAD data with GIS data
- Bachelor’s degree in Geographic Information Systems, Cartographic Science or five years equivalent experience.
Physical Requirements & Environment:
The work environment and physical demand characteristics of this position are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This position will require the employee to perform primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. The incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
Construction site environments may include early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States; however, we currently are not providing visa sponsorship or hiring individuals who will need visa sponsorship in the future.
Anticipated base salary range: $50,000- $80,000
Location: Broomfield, CO
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. This position is bonus eligible.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.
Come join the world’s largest independent renewable energy company active in wind, solar, energy storage and transmission and distribution. Our vision is to be a leader in the transition where everyone has access to affordable zero carbon energy. Being part of the RES team means shaping the world’s energy future.
RES offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401K + employer match, life insurance and AD&D, paid time off, paid sabbatical, paid parental leave, alternative work schedules, fitness center membership, tuition reimbursement, and professional development.
For Similar GIS Jobs: Click Here
|Job Category||RS and GIS|