In view of urgency involved owing to COVID-19 containment buffer mapping / other Geospatial mapping & monitoring works, the Department of Ecology, Environment & Remote Sensing, J&K invites applications for Walk-in-interview/Proficiency Test for temporary engagement of Project-Mode Staff for Sustenance of Spatial Data Infrastructure at Bemina, Srinagar, project-mode contractual basis for a period of 10 months likely to be extended as per requirement, subject to availability of funds. The eligibility, experience, monthly emoluments and number of positions is as provided below:
Walk-in-interview: 26th April, 2021
|Geoportal /Network Administrator|
@ Rs. 45000/- Consolidated
|Eligibility: MCA/M.Sc (IT)/BE (Computers)|
Essential: Minimum 5 years’ experience in GIS Database Management, Data migration to OGC complaint open-source formats, Geoportal Development and WebGIS, Networking and System Security.
@ Rs. 40000/- Consolidated
|Masters in Remote Sensing and GIS/Geoinformatics|
Masters with PG Diploma in Remote Sensing and GIS
Essential: Minimum 5 years of experience in Remote Sensing & GIS Projects
@ Rs. 15000/-Consolidated
|Masters in Remote Sensing and GIS/Geoinformatics|
Masters with PG Diploma or certificate course in Remote Sensing and/or GIS.
Note: Candidates in their own interest should satisfy themselves, before applying for any position, that they are eligible for the positions applied for viz, requisite qualification and requisite experience. There shall be no change in the eligibility criteria and terms/conditions.
- Only eligible candidates, satisfying above criteria who are domicile of J&K should report by 10:30hrs for registration and scrutiny of documents/certificates (viz, duly filled Application form, Domicile certificate of J&K/State Subject, Qualifications, Experience, etc.) on 26th April, 2021 followed by an Interview/Proficiency test on the same day from 11:30hrs.
- Candidates should bring the application indicating position applied for, qualifications and experience, along with a passport size photograph with true copies of testimonials of educational qualifications, research experience, other relevant certificates, mark sheets of all examinations, etc.
- The selectee shall have to work at the Spatial Data Infrastructure Centre at Bemina, Srinagar.
- All original documents/certificates must be produced at the time of registration for necessary verification.
- The interview/proficiency test will be conducted at the office complex of Department of Ecology, Environment & Remote Sensing, SDA Colony Bemina, Srinagar – 190018
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
- The detailed terms & conditions, application form can be downloaded from the departmental website www.jkdears.com.
- Candidates in their own interest are requested to frequently check the departmental website for updates.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: –
- This is purely temporary project-mode engagement and will not confer any right to regularization or permanent appointment.
- The engagement is for a period of 10-months or co-terminus with the extended requirement of the project as per availability of funds.
- The performance of contractual staff shall be monitored monthly by the Scientist Incharge/Principal Investigator, if in his opinion, the performance of the engagee is not found up to the mark or is inefficient, or found guilty of any insubordination, intemperance of any other misconduct, his/her engagement shall be liable for termination without any further notice.
- The services shall stand terminated at the end of the term of the contractual engagement without any notice.
- The salary shall be released only as and when the funds are made available by the sponsoring agency/Govt..
- The Project-mode engagee shall submit himself/herself to the Orders of the Government and the Principal Investigator/Scientist Incharge under whom he /she may be placed from time to time by the government.
- The Government will pay the project-mode engagee a consolidated salary as per the engagement Order as long as he/she shall perform the duties.
- The Project-mode engagee shall be entitled to 15 days casual leave annually or as per Government instructions issued from time to time.
- In case an engagee remains absent from duty beyond 07 days at a stretch without any valid reason, he /she shall cease his/her engagement.
- In case, the selected candidate is working in any other Government Department or private Organization he/she shall have to obtain an NOC from the employer within 2 days from the date of engagement without which he/she shall not be allowed to join. Similarly, in case the engagee is already working on some other Project in the Department, he/she shall have to obtain NOC from the concerned Principal Investigator of the Project within 2 days without which he/she shall not be allowed to join. In case, an engage fails to produce NOC from the concerned employer/Principal Investigator as the case may be, his /her engagement shall be treated as cancelled.
- If the project-mode engagee at any time will-fully neglects or refuses to perform his/her duties, the appointing authorities shall immediately terminate his /her project-mode engagement without any notice and he/she shall not be entitled to any salary for such period.
- The selectee shall have to work at the SDI Complex at Bemina, Srinagar.
- The engagee(s) may be required to travel throughout the State for conducting field surveys. He/she shall not claim any TA/DA for field surveys but, shall be provided free transport/boarding and lodging facility during such surveys. In case, Government boarding/lodging/transportation is not made available to the engagee during such tours, then a lump sum amount of Rs. 350/= per day for boarding/lodging and shared taxi fare shall be paid to them for making their own arrangements. In case the travel is within 50 kms and does not involve any night stay, then the lump sum amount of Rs. 150/= shall be reimbursed per day as to and fro convenience charges to be duly certified by the concerned Principal Investigator of the Project.
- If, the engagee requires to travel outside the Jammu & Kashmir (UT) for attending Project related trainings, workshops, etc., outside their provincial headquarter, he /she shall be paid shared taxi and AC 2-tier train fare plus lump sum amount of Rs. 700/= as lodging, boarding and local transportation charge per day. However, in case, these facilities are provided by the sponsoring agency, then same shall not be reimbursed.
- The engagee will not be entitled to any Dearness Allowance, HRA, CCA, Medical Allowance, Bonus, LTC, Retirement Benefits, Provident Fund, etc.
- In case, an application succeeds in getting selected by supplying false/concocted information or any unfair means, his appointment shall be liable to be cancelled by the Principal Investigator of the Project at any time and all dues paid to him would be recovered.
- The engagee(s) shall deposit the details of J&K Bank Savings Account only for credit of monthly emoluments through RTGS.
- The engagee(s) shall be required to submit personal contact number, copy of Aadhar Card for registering on Biometric Attendance System.
- For any matter in respect of which no provision has been made in this appointment order, the decision of DEE&RS shall be final and binding on engagee(s).
- The appointee will have to work with the department from the date of his/her joining the duty and to affirm this the appointee has to execute/sign a notarized affidavit/bond with the appointing authority stating categorically that he/she accept the above terms and conditions (with the exception, if candidate gets a permanent government position/job).
Official Notification: Click here