- Organization: ZOOLOGICAL SURVEY OF INDIA (ZSI)
- Location: KOLKATA, INDIA
- Deadline: 21st January 2022
Job Description (PROJECTS PERSONAL, Post Doctoral Fellow (PDF), Project Biologist (PB)
Applications are invited for the purely temporary posts of 01 Post Doctoral Fellow, and 02 Project Biologist initially for one year but extendable maximum upto December 2023 based on performance and requirement in ZSI, under the project externally funded consultancy projects. The details of the number of project staff and project provided below: –
|S no.||Project||Number of vacancies|
|1||Pilot project on Biodiversity Corridor-Baseline Survey and feasibility assessment.||3 (01 Post Doctoral Fellow (PDF), 02 Project Biologist (PB))|
- Study on habitat, population and movement ecology of large mammals in Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh;
- To develop and map biological corridors of large body mammalian species in the study landscape;
- To access the biological diversity (vertebrate animals and plants) of the study landscape for conservation and management;
- To understand the socio-economic status of the local communities and the assess the magnitude of human-wildlife conflicts in the study landscape through field surveys;
- To develop conservation and management strategy for identified biological corridors in the study landscape.
Place of Work: The selected candidates will have to travel extensively in the Kullu and surrounding Districts of Himachal Pradesh and may be posted for a longer duration, based on requirements or any other places as per the project requirements including HQ at Kolkata.
Post Doctoral Fellow (PDF) @ 47,000/- + HRA as per rule Project Biologist (PB) @ 30,000/- consolidated
Essential Qualification Desirable Experience for the posts:
- Post Doctoral Fellow (PDF)
Qualification: Ph.D in Zoology/Life Sciences/Wildlife/Biodiversity & Conservation or equivalent. Desirable Experience: Prior PhD work experience of at least three years (3 Year) in Himalayan Region, Knowledge & experience in carnivore ecology/ experience in biological corridor mapping, climate change studies with at least two (3) relevant publication in SCI journal. Proven experience in Data analysis, GIS, Geo-Informatics, Science writing and communication, organising workshops, seminar, symposium, training programme etc.
Age Limit: The upper age limit is 40 years as on last date of application submission. Age relaxation as per Govt. of India rules.
2. Project Biologist (PB)
Qualification: M. Sc. in Zoology/Life Sciences/Wildlife/Environmental Sciences/Biodiversity & Conservation or equivalent.
Desirable Experience: Research experience wildlife ecology, zoology or allied subject, field survey experience in population genetics, wildlife, knowledge of Computer and basic field data collection, and mountaineering etc..
Age Limit: The upper age limit is 35 years as on last date of application submission. Age relaxation as per Govt. of India rules.
- A virtual-interview will be held for selection of candidates at ZSI, M-Block, New Alipore, Kolkata – 700 053 on 21th January 2022, 10.00 AM onwards through an online link. The link will be shared with the shortlisted candidates.
- At the time of the verification of original documents (even after selection), if it is found that an attempt has been made by the applicant to wilfully conceal, misrepresent or canvass the facts, such applicant will not be considered for selection and due action will be implemented.
- Candidate selected will be liable to posted anywhere as per the requirements of the project, and will have to join immediately after their selection within one week.
- The application form can be downloaded from the Zoological Survey of India website http://zsi.gov.in.
- Candidates should submit the duly filled-in applications with attested true copies of testimonials of educational qualifications, research experience, proof for date of birth etc., along with copies of mark sheets of all examinations and ‘No Objection Certificate’ from present employer (if employed) to The Director, Zoological Survey of India, M-Block, New Alipore, Kolkata by Speed Post/Registered Post super scribed on the top of the envelope Application for the post of PDF/PB on or before 14th January 2022. The advance copy of the application can also be emailed to id : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Director, Zoological Survey of India reserves the right of increase, decrease the number of posts in different categories and also selection or rejection of a candidature including cancellation of the advertisement without assigning any reason.
Download Official Notification: Click Here
For more GIS Job Vacancies: Click Here
- Government GIS Jobs in India
- GIS Jobs in Bangalore
- GIS Jobs in Hyderabad/ Secunderabad
- GIS Jobs in Delhi/Gurgaon/Noida
- GIS Jobs in Mumbai/Maharashtra
- GIS Jobs in Kolkata
- GIS Jobs in Pune
- GIS Jobs in Chennai
|Job Category||Environmental Science, Geo-informatics, RS and GIS, Wildlife|