- Organization: City of Seguin
- Location: Seguin, Texas
- Application Deadline: Position Will Remain Open Until Filled
Job Description (IT GIS Manager):
Under general direction of the Director of IT, designs, operates, oversees, and maintains the City of Seguin Geographic Information System (GIS). Coordinates GIS activities among all City departments, and between the City and other organizations. Coordinates, manages, and directs GIS database/applications development, definitions, maintenance, and implementation. Manages and prepares general planning for the GIS system.
Provides assistance and coordination of drafting, mapping, graphic illustrations, and related report preparation for the City. Provides training for departmental GIS operators and/or points of contact.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Administers, coordinates, and manages GIS activities among all City departments;
- Provides GIS technical assistance to all departments;
- Establishes and manages GIS database structure, tables, forms, and reports for GIS data for all departments;
- Administers, coordinates, directs, and manages GIS database development, definitions, maintenance, and implementation;
- Directs integration of GIS databases, tables, maps, overlays;
- Designs, directs, and manages City departmental GIS training procedures;
- Works with City Departments to develop standards, protocols, and conventions; reviews completed work to ensure compliance;
- Coordinates and prepares general plans for the GIS System;
- Manages day to day GIS operations. Assists in preparing and managing annual budget and monitoring of expenditures. Provides leadership and direction within the organization;
- Provides technical assistance in database planning, and in creating and improving digital GIS data, drawings, and graphic illustrations;
- Understands and is proficient in the use of ArcGIS, ArcSDE, ArcGIS Server, Tyler Technologies, and SQL Server;
- Systems administrator for City GIS servers including Applications servers, Web servers, and departmental GIS systems;
- Installs and maintains GIS related software, to include ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Pro, ArcSDE, ArcGIS Server;
- Assists in network planning activities for connecting GIS users. Develops underlying database schema for support of Tyler Technologies products;
- Provide training for GIS operators;
- Works with object-oriented programming languages, overseeing development of applications for GIS desktop, etcetera;
- Coordinates maintenance of GIS hardware;
- Keeps records of and writes reports on GIS status and progress;
- Performs related duties as required;
Other Important Duties*
- Observes all safety rules and procedures;
- Oversight of city owned knowledge base and IT documentation as related to GIS;
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Bachelor’s Degree in Geography, Computer Information Systems, Database Administration, or related field, and a minimum of five (5) years ArcGIS desktop, ArcSDE, ArcServer, Python, SQL, and Microsoft Office Products; three (3) years of which are in a lead or supervisory role; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and/or post-offer physical exam.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
- Prefer GIS Professional Certification (GISP).
- Requires appropriate Texas driver’s license.
-Position Will Remain Open Until Filled
-The City of Seguin is an “Equal Employment Opportunity Employer” (AA/EOE)
For Similar GIS Jobs: Click Here
|Job Category||Computer Science, Geography, IT, RS and GIS|