- Organization: Arcadis NV
- Location: Baton Rouge, LA, United States
Job Description (GIS Specialist):
Arcadis is seeking a GIS Specialist-Entry Level candidate to provide analytical and consulting support for linear referencing, Highway Performance Monitoring System (HPMS), Certified Public Mileage (CPM), business system Integration and data creation/migration projects to Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (LADOTD). Projects focus on cartography and mapping, data management and maintenance, and design and implementation of enterprise Geographic Information Systems (GIS) using Esri based software.
This position will be located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, at an office location (not remote). This position does not require travel.
- Maintaining line/point event data using advanced linear referencing systems.
- Analyzing datasets using a LRS network, including centerlines, routes, and calibration points.
- Mapping, cartography, and visualization of GIS datasets using Esri technologies.
- Maintaining data for use in producing Highway Performance Monitoring System (HPMS) and Certified Public Mileage (CPM) reports.
- Identifying and designing business processes for use in Workflow Manager (WMX).
- Developing Data Reviewer checks for the validation of data conversion/creation processes.
- Managing GIS data through editing and quality assurance best practices and using Event Editor (EE) sites using ArcGIS Server to maintain GIS data.
- Parsing REST service calls to interrogate enterprise database systems.
- Designing and developing geoprocessing models for a range of functions using model builder and python.
- Working with FME to translate geospatial data.
Qualifications & Experience-
- Bachelors in Geography, Environmental Sciences, Engineering, Information Technology, or Computer Science
- Esri ArcGIS Desktop/ArcGIS Pro products (ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcToolbox)
- Esri Roads & Highways applications and enterprise database management
- Linear referencing toolsets
- Extensive familiarity with enterprise database environments, including versioning concepts.
- Demonstrating progressive and analytical problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for complex reports and presentations.
- Experience with Asset Management software and concepts
- Advanced Analytics and Data Visualization techniques
- Working in a team environment while working independently to complete a task
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required for this position.
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people’s lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth’s resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients’ most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it’s not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging-
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Transform Your World
For Latest GIS Jobs: Click Here
- Tripura University: Junior Research Fellow
- Government Vacancy: Project Officer (GIS)
- Analyst, Geo Analytics – GAMMA
- Technical Assistant
- Research Officer/Senior Research Officer
|Job Category||Computer Science, Environmental Science, Geography, IT, RS and GIS|