- Organization: National Capital Commission (NCC)
- Location: Ottawa, Ontario
- Closing Date: 12/10/2021
- Job Level: RE-06 $83,979 to $113,423
- Employment duration: Permanent
Job Description ( Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Manager ):
The Information Technologies and Geomatics Services Division of the Corporate Services Branch is looking for a Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Manager for a permanent position. The position is classified as an RÉ-06 ($83,979 to $113,423 per annum).
The National Capital Commission (NCC) is the federal Crown Corporation dedicated to ensuring that Canada’s Capital is a dynamic and inspiring source of pride for all Canadians and a legacy for generations to come. Building on more than a century of experience, the NCC provides unique value in the Capital Region by fulfilling three specific roles: long-term planner of federal lands, principal steward of nationally significant public places, and creative partner committed to excellence in development and conservation.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION
Reporting to the Chief, Geomatics Services, the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Manager contributes to the development, implementation and management of the Geographic Information Systems (GIS). The incumbent fulfills the GIS needs and requirements of the National Capital Commission (NCC) by providing management of tasks, supporting staff as well as monitoring and reviewing projects. The GIS manager supports current and future needs for geospatial data and evolving related technologies.
EDUCATION: Post-secondary degree in GIS, Geomatics, Information Technology (IT), or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience related to the position.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of five (5) year of relevant experience with some or all the following criteria:
- Identifying and implementing corporate GIS solutions to improve business processes, increase effectiveness, and support decision-making capabilities;
- Developing and maintaining the long-term GIS vision through implementation and execution of projects and ensuring support of the overall organizational goals;
- Overseeing all enterprise GIS operations including database management and administration, data structure and metadata development, system administration, GIS software selection, implementation and user support, GIS project management and interdivision education;
- Overseeing all functions of the GIS team including technical development and project management.
- Of the geography and the territory of the National Capital Region;
- Of GIS principles and practises according to the industry standards;
- Of preparing GIS projects and schedules including coordinating internal resources, assigning tasks, and determining work assignments;
- Of technical and professional specifics associated with GIS data and functions.
- To identify opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the GIS team;
- To implement standards and procedures associated with the maintenance and administration of the GIS geodatabase.
- To develop and maintain working relationships with internal clients and other agencies;
- To gather business and technical requirements from clients;
- To set and meet objectives and work with a minimum level of supervision;
- To organize workload and balance conflicting priorities;
- To work in a team;
- To communicate effectively both orally and in writing in both official languages;
- To be detail and client service oriented;
- To exercise discretion, sound judgement and diplomacy.
- Demonstrating Integrity and Respect Civility and Well-Being
- Thinking things through – Innovating through analysis and ideas;
- Working Effectively with Others – Relationships and Trust Building; and
- Showing Initiative and Being Action-Oriented – Getting Things Done
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Possess or eligible to obtain Secret security clearance; and
- Linguistic profile: Bilingual BBB.
- Knowledge of the ESRI suite of products;
- Knowledge of Web Mapping;
- Knowledge of Mobile GIS Applications;
- Knowledge of 3D data modelling and applicable software.
The NCC is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages candidates to indicate voluntarily in their application if they are a woman, an Indigenous person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group.
The NCC is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the Human Resources representative of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. If you require additional information on the position or if you are experiencing technical difficulties, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hearing impaired and speech impaired persons can contact us through a Teletype Device (TTY) at (613) 239-5090 or 1-866-661-3530 (toll-free).
Similar GIS Jobs: Click Here
|Job Category||IT, RS and GIS|