- Organization: questW
- Location: Chennai, India
Description (Data Mapping Engineer)
The questW is hiring Data Mapping Engineer for Chennai, Tamilnadu, India location.
- Support to Offshore Projects
- The Project Engineers (Principal/Senior/Marine Engineers) in UOE are responsible for Primary tasks listed below.
- Technical knowledge related to cable installation such as survey, cable installation and seabed intervention technologies & tools.
- Marine Survey – investigation and evaluation of geophysical and geotechnical reports.
- Burial Assessment Studies – evaluation of possible burial methods of a certain cable route.
- Route Engineering – Optimization of the route of a cable in a predetermined corridor.
- Data Management and Charting – QC and development charts for operations. Maintain data storage of projects (ORAT).
- MetOcean Workability – Investigate and evaluate the effect of weather dynamics on cable installation.
- Installation Protection Engineering – Investigation and engineering of external protection
- Project & Vessel Support – Define and capture project specifications to undertake appropriate actions.
- Service & After Sales Support – Resource and engineering support.
- UOE Office Manager and UOE colleagues
- Project Installation Managers
- Offshore Subcontractors
- Different UOX colleagues in Karlskrona Sweden
Education/ Other mandatory courses
- Hydrographic Survey
- Marine Engineering or similar
- Minimum BSc (preferably minimum 5 years’ experience
within similar position)
- Marine Engineering, Hydrographic Survey
- CAD, NaviModel and GIS
- Project experience
- Fluent English
- Additional languages are an advantage
- CAD Solid Works/Windshield
- GIS software
- Microsoft Office Software
Personal competences/soft skills
Describe the ideal behaviour and interpersonal skills for this position, e.g. goal
- Team player and ability to work with several parallel
- Analytical and strong research skills
- A positive mind-set, can do mentality
Knowledge related to safety work within installation operations onshore and offshore.
- (Days per year,domestic/international)
- 3-6 months in Rotterdam for introduction/training
- 2 weeks international/year for site visit and team building
- Tripura University: Junior Research Fellow
- Government Vacancy: Project Officer (GIS)
- Analyst, Geo Analytics – GAMMA
- Technical Assistant
- Research Officer/Senior Research Officer
|Job Category||RS and GIS|