- Location: Chandigarh, India
- Category: Engineering
- Company: Oceaneering
We are looking for a Sr. GIS Software Developer with extensive GIS/ ESRI knowledge. The candidate’s primary responsibilities will be creating attractive, efficient Code for Various GIS Applications.
- Work with the Manager, Software Development to design, develop and support geospatial ESRI templates.
- Work closely with the product development team to ensure that ESRI Map templates and widgets are developed for customer ingest.
- Define, design and build varied components of complex, distributed, high-performance web-based applications. subject matter experts to define scope of work.
- This position has NO supervisory responsibilities.
- Application Support Manager
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience
- Strong foundational knowledge of GIS concepts: Projections, Geometric Operations, Geospatial Analysis, and GIS database design.
- ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Portal, ArcGIS Online.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with Open Source GIS Software, Standards, SDKs and APIs like GeoServer, MapServer, OpenLayers, Leaflet, esri-leaflet, NetTopologySuite
- In-depth knowledge about GIS data formats including ESRI Shapefiles, MapInfo and Oracle SDO geometry, and geospatial exchange data formats such as KML, GML, GeoJSON;
- Functional with technologies across most of the application stack including user interface, middle tier, and database systems, with particular strength in one or more of these areas.
- Database capability includes but is not limited to design and entity modeling. DESIRED
- Master’s degree or equivalent education and experience
- A proven record in Application Development and ESRI experience
- 4+ years of experience in either Esri ArcGIS Pro or QGIS.
- Strong SQL and/or non-relational/NoSQL data management experience (PostgreSQL, PostGIS, SQL Server, Mongo)
- Experience provisioning, monitoring, and optimizing server infrastructure, especially in the cloud.
- Development lifecycle tools & processes such as source control (e.g., git, svn, TFS), build systems, branching & merging, and automated testing
- Performance optimization and scalable systems development
- Mapping, 3D, video and/or geospatial processing
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment, while being accountable to customers and co-workers
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.